7/10/2014

Sad

A lot of people say "why can't i be happy for the rest of my life? Why everytime something good happens there's always that bad thing that destroy everything?" and this made me think.
I don't know if it's only me, but I think that without being sad sometimes, you can't enjoy at all your happiness. Of course I'm not saying that being upset is a good thing, but I can't imagine my life always happy. If only good things happened, I wouldn't appreciate a friend's message trying to cheer me up, a song which I'm sure will make me feel better and stuff like this.
I can't imagine my life always happy, but I can't imagine it even only sad. It needs to be balanced, good and bad things, and it all depends by us, by our choices. We can be positive or negative people, we can see that thing in a good or bad way. We can choose to be happy or not.
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it's happened" 
    -Theodor Seuss Geisel  

This is  my favourite quote ever. Probably because it helped me time ago. I know it sounds weird, but a simple sentence changed my life. I used to be really depressed after my dream became true more than one year ago. Then I searched random quotes for a project and I found that one. It opened my eyes. Why should I have been sad? Yes, it's over, but my dream 'came true. So, from that moment, I started being happier. And now, every time I feel bad, I think about the good things that happened in my life. I'm a little nostalgic, but it helps. And if that good thing that happened is making me feel sad, I try to focus on something else.
If you feel sad or depressed, talk with someone who can help you. I felt in that way, I know sometimes do it all alone is difficult, but with a true friend you can feel better. They know how to make you happy.

So, have you ever felt really sad? How did you fight it?
Comment with your story, if you want. Maybe you could help someone who needs it.

bye xx

1 commento:

  1. 'We can choose to be happy or not' - I've been thinking the same way as you until yesterday. I thought happiness is some kind of a state of mind, and it's something we can control. But yesterday I bumped into a video by Beckie. Here's the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lWaAkEEks4&list=UUB7kGgiexh6FYm7-AE82YMw It partly changed my mind.
    For me happiness is a feeling which we can't force ourselves to be felt. What I want to say is that I probably agree with your idea, I'd just choose another words :) In my opinion, we can choose the perspective of how we look at things, which possibly can make us feel happier. It's not that we choose how we feel, but what we perceive. I hope I made sence :D (warn me if I didn't though).
    Now that I reread your post I see you probably meant what I meant, it's just the wording that bothered me :D
    And about being sad. I randomly felt sad and miserable yesterday. The best way to cope with it for me is simply to get distracted, come up with some new activities, as you said - 'focus on something else'. It works! :)
    Oh goodness so many words :O Sorry for rambling, I couldn't stop myself :D
    Anyways, verrry nice blogpost, I liked it! :)

    RispondiElimina